What we need is a manager! Is that still a thing? Seinfeld quotes? Well, anyway, we really are looking for a manager. A Senior Project Manager. Someone who can keep folks in line and make sure projects run smoothly from scoping to delivery and all the way to optimization. The ideal human to fill this role will become the point person for a variety of projects. Keeping teams on schedule, within scope and on brief is pretty pivotal, so you should be pretty good at that. Also, you should have the utmost confidence in making sure all the moving parts of a pitch, campaign, brand experience, or project of any variety come together as beautifully as a PB&J sandwich.
Are you into it? Cool. Here are some bullet points to consider before applying:
- You must be passionate about your craft, with solid marketing or advertising agency experience that demonstrates an ability to lead concurrent projects of varying size and complexity.
- You’re a highly organized, resourceful individual with excellent communication skills.
- You thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven business environment and can demonstrate the leadership and confidence required to move projects forward in a firm but respectful way.
- You’re comfortable in a client-facing role and being the day-to-day point person during the execution and production phases of a project or campaign.
- You’re constantly thinking about how to improve and evolve workflows and processes.
- Your knowledge of advertising and integrated marketing techniques is next level.
- Your friends say you’re a strong team leader with a motivating work ethic and analytical mindset, able to effectively add value in workflow/process improvement, resource management, quality/risk management, and change management. You have good friends.
What we need you to do:
- Define the scope of projects (process, deliverables, schedule, and budget)
- Lead and inspire project teams by maintaining a positive and calm demeanor
- Involve the right people at the right levels for project success and overall account utilization
- Communicate effectively with clients during the execution and production phases of projects and campaigns, providing them with timely and detailed status updates, delivering outputs, and answering and addressing any questions or issues
- Manage interdisciplinary teams, made up potentially of strategists, media, experience architects, community managers, analysts, public relations, designers, writers, developers, producers, and editors, helping to evolve project objectives into clear sets of deliverables in a way that balances client requirements with team growth and morale
- Keep projects on track through clear task lists, issue tracking, status reports, and meeting notes
- Own scope management, keeping all aspects organized, and clearly communicating status and issues/risks to the necessary team members and managers
- Collaborate with department leads and fellow PMs to effectively manage resources and determine the optimal casting and allocations for all billable agency staff
- Contribute to meetings and conference calls, ensuring efficient use of time and that the entire team is clear on outcomes, next steps and responsibilities
- Possess the ability to sense conflicts before they impact the work and team dynamic, and proactively facilitate conversations to address the issues
- Play devil’s advocate, look for red flags, call out potential issues and escalate them when necessary in a cool, calm, and friendly manner
- Clearly communicate project issues and resolutions to the client and internal teams in a diplomatic and organized manner
- Play a dual role of client advocate and agency team advocate
- Be passionate about delivering the best work outputs, but find ways of producing it that does not jeopardize schedule and scope
- Be willing to assist on internal workflow and processes enhancements initiatives
Things we cannot live without:
- Prior experience (6 - 10 years) as a project or account manager in an agency environment, or directly related experience
- Exceptional organizational skills and obsessive attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience of directing a variety of projects, including websites, social media, video, print, TV, radio, emails, and digital advertising, as well as involvement in strategy and marketing/tactical plan development
- Fluent in workflows for integrated marketing campaigns, which could include display advertising, email marketing, social media, brand experiences and events, websites, video, broadcast media, and print production
- Robust knowledge of integrated agency workflows and inter-office operations
- Willingness and desire to coach and mentor less experienced project management talent
- Familiarity with agency core disciplines and capabilities, including account management, finance, strategy, creative, user experience, interactive design, development, media, analytics, digital technology, and print/broadcast production
- Prior experience managing external vendors and resources to assist with execution
- Knowledge and curiosity in financial analysis, data management, and related software
- Experience communicating with clients on project status, scope, budget, and timing
- Excellent communication skills, including comfort with presentation development and business writing
- Strong problem solving skills; responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities and changing environment
- Familiarity with project management tools (such as MS Project/Omniplan/SmartSheet/Merlin, Basecamp, Bugherd, Trello, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of CMS tools (such as Sitecore, WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Basic understanding of web and app technologies (such as HTML, CSS, PHP, ASP.NET, Xcode, Objective-C, Java, etc.)
Allen & Gerritsen (A&G) is a fiercely independent agency in the cities where independence was born, Boston & Philadelphia. Innovation & culture drive its success. A&G creates original entertainment through its production studio (A&G Entertainment), embeds brands into the cultural conversation through its Brand Newsroom and creates Brand Experiences that marry a brand’s physical and digital worlds to enhance consumer engagement. Ad Age twice has named A&G the Best Place to Work in U.S. Marketing & Media. To learn more, check out http://www.a-g.com/ or follow the agency on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Allen & Gerritsen is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies will not be accepted at this time.