Here at Allen & Gerritsen, the current need calls for a radical individual with passion oozing from their very being to join our growing Analytics practice. We’re looking for someone to occupy the role of Director of Analytics, but we’ve got to say, we’re kind of picky. And we’re dead set on finding someone with a desire to tell stories using data-driven analysis, all while maintaining the goal of advancing the work we do for our clients.
We dig the type of people who can see beyond the mountains of data files, usual metrics, and obvious results. Our focus is on discovering performance-based insights that can empower strategic marketing and business decisions. As a member of our team, you will play a pretty pivotal role in leading client projects in the Philadelphia office, while working closely with our team in Boston.
It's fun to work where people truly believe in what they're doing. At A&G, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. We work hard, and we are not serious people but we are serious about the work we do. We also like to have fun too! In fact, we offer awesome benefits like unlimited time off, weekly happy hours and summer Fridays!
- Works with managers and/or analysts to execute the analysis, providing both hands-on analysis themselves as well as direction and guidance for the managers or analysts on the project
- Works closely with the analytical lead, cross-competency members of the team, and directly with the client to ensure analyses make an impact for the client
- Ensures timelines and budgets of assigned projects are met
- Develops analytical consulting skills by proactively identifying opportunities (that come from an assessment of client needs and data insights); these ideas should be vetted with the analytical lead to help drive the analytical roadmap forward
What a typical day might look like:
- Ensure all live campaigns are performing as intended, with proper data points collected & analyzed to identify optimization opportunities
- Develop a measurement plan to align with our client’s upcoming new brand positioning or cross-channel campaign
- Brainstorm with other driven A&G colleagues to craft the ideal content experience for a certain target audience, while making sure the client’s objectives are met
- Research and experiment with new and ever-advancing technologies and tools that help in data capture, testing, analysis, and visualization
- Create a strategically backed data capture and tracking plan, then test those plans that are already live
- Advance the development of a new cutting-edge practice offering that can be developed into a valued service for our clients
- Work on data visualizations and analysis, combining multiple data sets, to deliver a concise set of insights through various reporting methods
- Contribute to a new business opportunity meeting, not only with measurement guidance, but also with industry, market and trend knowledge
- Participate in cross-office learning, discuss curious data findings, and share analyses with the team, your direct report(s) and the agency
- Work directly with the SVP of Analytics to identify growth opportunities and ways to improve performance across clients
What would help you successfully accomplish the above:
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Marketing, Statistics, Economics, Business or Finance
- Participation in Marketing Analytics specific curriculums is a plus
- 7+ years of professional experience in Analytics-related functions, whether in an agency environment or within a corporate business intelligence role
- Demonstrated experience in analysis and insight development in the following fields:
- Marketing contribution analytics (in relation to business performance, quantitative attribution methods)
- Paid distribution channel analytics (experiential, paid online and offline channels, including social)
- Search analytics (SEM/SEO)
- Experience analytics (websites, mobile applications, testing methodology)
- High level of comport with data translation, successfully organizing, blending, and transforming disparate data sets into a cohesive database structure
- Experience with analytic-centric technologies, platforms and solutions across marketing, business and media spectrums. Working knowledge of multiple platform types is a must:
- Statistical analysis tools (SAS, SPSS, Strata, R, etc.)
- Relational database management systems (RDMS) (Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc.)
- Ad-serving platforms (DoubleClick, Atlas, etc.)
- Search management technologies (Kenshoo, Marin, etc.)
- Web & business analytics solutions (Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Suite, WebTrends, etc.)
- Database visualization software such as Tableau, Qlik, Domo, etc.
- Social analysis and listening tools (Facebook Insights, Crimson Hexagon, Spredfast, Tracx, Brandwatch, etc.)
Allen & Gerritsen (A&G) is a fiercely independent agency in the cities where independence was born, Boston & Philadelphia. Innovation & culture drive its success. A&G runs its own innovation think/make tank (A&G Labs), creates original entertainment through its production studio (A&G Entertainment), embeds brands into the cultural conversation through its Brand Newsroom and creates Brand Experiences that marry a brand's physical and digital worlds to enhance consumer engagement. Ad Age twice has named A&G the Best Place to Work in U.S. Marketing & Media. To learn more, check out http://www.a-g.com/ or follow the agency on Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Allen & Gerritsen is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies will not be accepted at this time.