We are looking for a motivated and talented Senior Media Planner to join our Media Department. This is a tremendous opportunity to collaborate with all departments in the agency, as the Senior Media Planner will be the primary point person on several accounts.
In addition to their core account assignments, the Senior Media Planner is expected to participate in larger areas of agency development: New Business pitches, internal committees and task forces. The Senior Digital Media Planner role is a step toward greater leadership within the Media Department and the agency overall.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Daily management and optimization of digital media campaigns including planning and strategy development, contract execution, and reporting
- Work closely with Analytics team to monitor performance and recommend optimizations and new / different strategies and tactics
- Lead role in training and managing junior team members in digital media
- Contribute – as needed – to planning offline media, including television, radio, OOH and print
- Day to day management of some offline media campaigns, including oversight of buy recommendations, execution details, budgets and accounting
- Act as an agency resource on the latest news and technologies that affect our industry and clients
- 3-5 years of digital media planning experience
- Deep knowledge and understanding of digital media planning and buying, including technical details
- Experience in all steps of the media planning process, across a variety of clients
- Exceptional media skills overall: strategic thinking, introduction of innovative ideas/techniques, stellar negotiating skills, insightful analysis
- General knowledge of traditional media planning (broadcast, print, OOH) and interest in expanding this knowledge
- Proficiency in digital media planning and trafficking software, including Doubleclick/DART (or equivalent) and ComScore
- Advanced user of research and planning tools including Kantar/Nielsen Ad*Views, SRDS, Arbitron, MRI, Simmons, Scarborough
- Strong relationships (and reputation) in the media community
- Active in the media community outside of agency (BIMA / MITX, Ad Club, AAAAs, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Resourceful problem solver
- Strong attention to detail
Allen & Gerritsen (A&G) is a fiercely independent agency in the cities where independence was born, Boston & Philadelphia. Innovation & culture drive its success. A&G runs its own innovation think/make tank (A&G Labs), creates original entertainment through its production studio (A&G Motion), embeds brands into the cultural conversation through its Brand Newsroom and creates Brand Experiences that marry a brand’s physical and digital worlds to enhance consumer engagement. Ad Age twice has named A&G the Best Place to Work in U.S. Marketing & Media. To learn more, check out http://www.a-g.com/ or follow the agency on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
A&G is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies will not be accepted at this time.