Allen & Gerritsen Wins Prestigious Multi-City Advertising Honors
Independent advertising agency Allen & Gerritsen wins five Ad Club Hatch Awards and 14 Philadelphia Metro American Advertising Awards.
BOSTON, MA and PHILADELPHIA, PA — May 10, 2021 – Allen & Gerritsen (A&G), an independent, creative-led advertising agency won five Ad Club Hatch Awards during the organization’s virtual 60th-anniversary celebration and 14 Philadelphia Metro American Advertising Awards (AFF) during the annual award show. Both organizations recognize creative excellence respectively in the New England and Philadelphia marketing and communications industries.
Honors for A&G’s work include:
Ad Club Hatch Awards
- Safety 1st Signs of the Times (Dorel Juvenile/Safety 1st)
- #WeAreMighty (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts)
- Plant the Flag (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts)
- Stand (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts)
- Print (Victoria’s Subs)
Philadelphia Metro AAF ADDYs
- Signs of the Times (Dorel Juvenile/Safety 1st), Branded Content & Entertainment- Online/Interactive
- Parenting Less Complicated (Dorel Juvenile/Safety 1st), Internet Commercial
- Our Turn to Tourist (Visit Philadelphia), Social Media Campaign
- Learn Outside the Lines (Allegheny College), Animation, Special Effects, or Motion Graphics
- The Happy Valley Adventure Bureau, Illustration Series
- Fixing the Griswold Home (Power Home Remodeling), Social Media, Single Execution
- B is for (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts), Local TV Commercial Campaign
- The Happy Valley Adventure Bureau, Internet Commercial Campaign
- Learn Outside the Lines (Allegheny College), Brochure
- Learn Outside the Lines (Allegheny College), Music without Lyrics
- Learn Outside the Lines (Allegheny College), Integrated Advertising Campaign- Regional/National
- Learn Outside the Lines (Allegheny College), Internet Commercial Campaign
- Learn Outside the Lines (Allegheny College), Microsite
- Learn Outside the Lines (Allegheny College), Internet Commercial
“We’re so proud to be recognized for this work done at the height of the pandemic because it showcases the vision of our creative team and the resilience of our clients. We collaborated across categories to help our clients pivot at a time of great uncertainty and articulate strong points of view using humor, emotion and humanity,” said Jennifer Putnam, chief creative officer at A&G.
“The Hatch Awards and Philadelphia Metro Addy Awards are synonymous with excellence and we’re grateful for this affirmation of our work. We’re especially thrilled to win this year because we were forced to reinvent the rules on how to produce great work and communicate with boldness and authenticity on behalf of our clients,” said Andrew Graff, chief executive officer of A&G.
The 60th Ad Club Hatch Awards took place on February 25th, virtually gathering a number of New England-based agency leaders to celebrate the best in print, design, video, broadcast, digital, mobile and web-based advertising. Hatch Awards are known to be one of the most coveted achievements in the region.
The Philadelphia Metro American Advertising Federation ADDY awards took place on March 17th, virtually to recognize and reward the best of Philadelphia’s advertising creatives. The Advertising Awards, home of the ADDY Awards, is the industry’s largest creative competition. Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the local Ad Club phase is the first of a three-tier, national competition.
# # #
About Allen & Gerritsen
Allen & Gerritsen. Boston & Philadelphia. Independent & Integrated. Creativity & Purpose. Communications & Experiences. Data & Humanity. Black Lives Matter & Climate Change is Real. A&G builds the “Brand’s Best Self” through Creative Platforms, Strategic Insights, Communications Planning, Performance Media, Public Relations, Social Media, Influencer Marketing, Outcomes Driven Analytics, Brand Integration, & more.
Recent credits include: Safety 1st, NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts, Philadelphia Flyers, Citrix, Albolene, Penn State THON and Four Diamonds, Allegheny College, LexisNexis, Cystex, UniFirst, Richard King Mellon Foundation, Power Home Remodeling, PG&H, Visit Philadelphia, Certain Dri, Ameresco, Northeastern University, Fresenius, AmeriHealth Caritas, Caron Treatment Centers, National Organization on Disability & more.
Check us out at http://www.a-g.com & LinkedIn & Twitter & Facebook & Instagram.
About The Ad Club
The Ad Club is the trade association for the companies at the intersection of technology and branding. Focused on networking, education, professional development, advocacy, and diversity, The Ad Club presents over 40 events and programs every year. Legacy events like the Hatch Awards, Women’s Leadership Forum, Media Auction, and Rosoff Awards run side-by-side with the latest in new media and the digital landscape. The Ad Club’s membership represents the best in class advertising agencies, media companies, and brands in the New England region. For more information on The Ad Club visit www.adclub.org.
About The American Advertising Federation (AFF)
Established in 1905, the American Advertising Federation (AAF), acts as the "Unifying Voice for Advertising." Its membership is comprised of nearly 50 corporate members made up of the nation’s leading advertisers, agencies, and media companies; a national network of nearly 164 local clubs representing 30,000 advertising professionals; and more than 170 college chapters with 4,000 student members. The AAF operates a host of programs and initiatives, including Advertising Day on the Hill, the Advertising Hall of Fame, the Advertising Hall of Achievement, the American Advertising Awards, the National Student Advertising Competition, the Mosaic Awards, the Most Promising Multicultural Students Program and AdCamp for high school students.